New York Tax Law 1801 establishes a “tax fraud act” and the basis of all Criminal Tax Fraud offenses. Tax fraud acts are enhanced depending on the monetary value of the fraud. The law does not differentiate monetary value between under filing or receiving an excessive refund. Generally, if you willfully act (or cause another person to act) in the following manner, then "you have perpetrated tax fraud If you committed tax fraud - then you'd better call Selig & Associates
- Fail to make, render or file any required report or return; or
- File a tax return or any other required document where you know that the document contains materially false or fraudulent information; or
- Supply materially false or fraudulent information in connection with any return, audit or investigation or fail to supply the correct information in a timely manner; or
- Engage in a scheme to defraud the State of New York by false representations as to any material matter associated with any tax under this section of law; or
- Fail to remit taxes collected on behalf of the State; or
- Fail to collect certain taxes such as sales taxes; or
- Intentionally evade any tax or failing to pay a tax; or
- Issue fraudulent exemption certificate or any document evidencing a claim that taxes do not apply to a particular transaction.
We take a practical approach to problem solving and strive to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients
We successfully solve IRS and New York State Tax problems, including suspended Drivers Licenses and Passports. Specializing in large dollar Payroll, Sales and Income Tax Representation for Individuals, Professional Practices and Businesses.
We negotiate excellent Payment Plans, Audits, Offers in Compromise, Payroll & Trust Fund Recovery Penalties, and most other tax issues. Do you have Unfiled Tax Returns? We can have them prepared and filed for you within 48 hours, guaranteed. Same day and emergency appointments are available Monday through Friday in our New York City office.
To schedule a Free and Legally Privileged Consultation with a Federal Tax Practitioner and Attorney contact us Online