NYC Tax Advocates

My photo
Specializing in IRS and NYS Tax Representation. Workers Compensation Audits, Payroll, Sales and Income Tax representation for Businesses, Individuals, Restaurants and Construction Companies. Civil and Criminal Workers Comp Audit representation includes: NYSIF Examinations, Premium Disputes, Employee Misclassification, Underreporting, Unreported Income, and Failure to Keep Accurate Payroll Records.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

SELIG reprints your favorite letter: (4) REAL Tax Help call (212) 974-3435




Dear Mr. Selig

My wife and I have a IRS Tax Lien and no one will work with us on a home loan. Please help.
My wife and I met when I was in the Navy and I still had most of my hair. Our romance was a whirlwind of strawberries, champagne, melba toast and caviar. 
After I was discharged I took a job selling timeshares in Las Vegas, and brother let me tell you true, what happens in Vegas doesn’t stay in Vegas, because those unscrupulous timeshare selling shysters stuck me with a whopping tax bill. 
Apparently, they 1099ed my “A - - ” to the tune of $86,000 plus penalties and interest. 
Eventually, the timeshare racket started to get me down, which took a toll on my marriage. We tried everything to reignite the spark including late night trips to sleazy little lingerie stores, ice-cold tequila shooters and the occasional left handed cigarette. But nothing worked. 
Finally we decided to move back to Brooklyn and start a family. I took a 9 to 5 and went to law school three nights a week, and with everything that was going on, we somehow managed to forget about our old tax debts. That is until Mom’s next-door neighbor wanted to retire and put her house up for sale. I’m telling you Selig, that little house was a happy little home, all right. 
So we met with a Mortgage Broker who gave us a Commitment Letter and we were on our way. Not so fast! A few days later we were rejected. Rejected because of that damn IRS tax lien. 

The Mortgage Broker didn’t want to know us. Out with the old, and in with the new. An insincere smile crossed his ugly face as he sang “So long Sucker” 

I was so furious that I turned to the Bottle. Wolfschmidts Vodka. And like they say in the Navy, “There’s a battle in every bottle” I was so drunk that I don’t even remember getting on my cousin’s jet ski, but I did, and now I have to live with the consequences of my actions. 

So please Selig, answer me this, why can’t people with tax problems get mortgages?
Signed: 
Homeless, Divorced & Serving Serious Time for a Jet Ski related incident.
Inmate Number 1020000356
Attica Correctional Facility
639 Exchange St
Attica, New York 14011-0149

Dear Homeless:

Sometimes people with tax problems can get FHA mortgages.

Have a nice life (sentence). 

Yours truly,

Mr. Selig 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Selig & Associates is a boutique Tax Representation and Risk Management Firm specializing in unpaid tax obligations and commercial insurance coverage

  Tax Advocacy      Federal Tax Practitioner, CPCU and Attorney. Practicing before the Internal Revenue Service and New York State Departmen...