NYC Tax Advocates

My photo
Specializing in IRS and NYS Tax Representation. Workers Compensation Audits, Payroll, Sales and Income Tax representation for Businesses, Individuals, Restaurants and Construction Companies. Civil and Criminal Workers Comp Audit representation includes: NYSIF Examinations, Premium Disputes, Employee Misclassification, Underreporting, Unreported Income, and Failure to Keep Accurate Payroll Records.

Thursday, September 6, 2018

The IRS sent me a certified letter (what does it mean?) + IRS Forms and Publications + SELIG & Associates + PRO BONO Tax Representation

Certain cases demand discretion, e.g. prominent and high profile individuals, business owners, sex industry workers and people who received undeclared income and are now facing unrelated criminal charges. To this end, in 2017 Selig & Associates represented 3 professional athletes, 5 on-air television personalities, 2 famous actresses and a former ADA. And because each case was resolved so discreetly - you'll never know who they were. Conversely, certain cases capture the public’s attention. Accordingly, Selig & Associates has the ability to take your high profile tax-case public by appearing on national television and by holding in-office press conferences that are aired on local television and radio programs.
FYI Selig & Associates will never publish a “client-testimonial” or otherwise violate the sanctity of confidentiality. Accordingly, when you have a serious tax problem (that needs to be solved) you can speak to us with complete confidence. 
We're committed to bettering the community in which we practice. This is why David Selig and Bradley Dorin have from time to time agree to waive or reduce their fees. In this capacity, we’ve helped Veterans, nonprofits, the clergy, the wrongly accused, senior citizens, private schools and daycare centers. 
If you have a tax problem that you’d like us to consider either as a pro bono or as a reduced rate client, or if you’d like to assist or support our efforts in this challenging forum, please call Selig & Associates directly
CP504 Notice: You have an unpaid amount due on your account. If you do not pay the amount due immediately, the IRS will seize your state income tax refund and apply it to pay the amount you owe.
CP72 Notice: You may have claimed a frivolous position on your tax return. A frivolous return is identified when some information on the return has no basis in the law (proceed with extreme caution).
CP523 Notice: The IRS is terminating your installment agreement and will seize your assets. Why? Because you defaulted on your agreement (silly).
CP75D Notice: The IRS is auditing your tax return and needs documentation to verify the income and withholding you reported on your tax return. This may affect your eligibility for the Earned Income Credit, dependent exemptions and other refundable credits that you claimed. Accordingly, the IRS is “holding” your refund pending the results of the audit.
CP16 Notice: The IRS sent you this notice to tell you about changes they made to your return that affect your refund. The IRS made these changes because they believe there was a miscalculation. The records show you owe other tax debts and the IRS applied all or part of your refund to them.
CP19 Notice: The IRS has increased the amount of tax you owe because they believe you incorrectly claimed one or more deductions or credits.
CP23 Notice: The IRS made changes to your return because they found a difference between the amount of estimated tax payments on your tax return and the amount they posted to your account. Accordingly, you now have a balance due.
CP39 Notice: The IRS used a refund from your spouse or former spouse to pay your past due tax debt (informally referred to as the “mother of all arguments”)
Popular Forms & Publications
Form 1040A, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (PDF) Shorter version of Form 1040 allows you to report limited types of income and to claim certain adjustments. You cannot itemize deductions if you file Form 1040-
Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals (PDF)
Figure and pay your estimated tax on income that is not subject to withholding (for example, earnings from self-employment, interest, dividends, rents, alimony, etc.)
Form 1040EZ, Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents (PDF)
Simplest individual income tax return form to fill out. If you file Form 1040EZ, you cannot itemize deductions or claim any adjustments to income or tax credits (other than the earned income credit).
Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF)Complete Form W-4 so that your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Consider completing a new Form W-4 each year and when your personal or financial situation changes.
Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification (PDF)Provide your correct SSN or other TIN to the person who is required to file an information return with the IRS to report, for example, income paid to you, real estate transactions, mortgage interest you paid, acquisition or abandonment of secured property, cancelation of debt, or contributions you made to an IRA.
Publication 15 (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide (PDF) 
Explains your tax responsibilities as an employer. It also includes tax tables that you need to figure the taxes to withhold from each employee.
Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax (PDF) 
Explains the general rules for filing a federal income tax return. It supplements the information contained in your tax form instruction booklet. It explains the tax law to make sure you pay only the tax you owe and no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COVID-19 Corporate Debt Restructuring vs. Bankruptcy

Corporate debt restructuring  a/k/a  "business debt restructuring" may be preferable to bankruptcy, as explained in Investopedi...